Destined to become a classic, The Promise of Immortality is the most complete commentary available on parallel passages from the Bible and India’s ancient scripture, The Bhagavad Gita. This groundbreaking book highlights the similarities between scriptures of two of the world’s greatest religions, bringing each vibrantly to life.
Kriyananda sheds light on many of the famous passages from both texts, showing their practical relevance for the modern day and their potential to bring about lasting spiritual transformation. His elucidation of the ancient texts inspires us with enlightening answers to vital spiritual questions, such as:
- Is everyone destined to become “Christlike”?
- Is it enough to do “good works”?
- What is the most powerful force in the universe?
- What is the true meaning of the “Golden Rule”?
- Are material desires spiritually harmful?
- What is the best way to read the scriptures?
- How do I find a true teacher?
Through answers to such questions, The Promise of Immortality will renew your faith and recharge your soul. It clarifies apparent differences in religious teachings to reveal timeless, unifying truths. Through this book Kriyananda makes a convincing case for the underlying unity of all religious faiths, and provides the possibility of an unprecedented era of cooperation among the world’s religions.
A ForeWord Book of the Year finalist.